Frequently Asked Questions
What does Impulse Wi-Fi service cost?
- $250 install (includes 1 hour on site)
- $85/hour after the first hour of installation
- $20/month for first base station
- $10/month for additional access points
What service is included with my Impulse monthly Wi-Fi service cost?
- Impulse provides business hours monitoring and troubleshooting as well as basic technical support requests. Maintenance of the Wi-Fi access points including firmware upgrades that become available for these devices is also available.
Note: Impulse will not perform inside wiring cabling. Impulse will show the best place(s) for Access Points and will run cabling to that location when possible, however, the Impulse cabling may not be aesthetically pleasing. For professional cabling, Impulse can recommend a cabling company.
What is included in the installation cost?
- This cost includes the placement of the device in or near the server room, or by an existing Ethernet drop. The installation is estimated to take approximately 1 hour. If the installation is determined to be more complex than the standard, additional hours will be charged at $85/hour.
Once installed, who do I call with a tech support issue on Wi-Fi?
- Impulse will handle calls regarding a service outage of the Wi-Fi network. Impulse will remotely troubleshoot for service status and inform the customer. If it is determined that the device is not connected, you will be asked to change the switch port where the AP is connected. If this does not resolve the issue, Impulse will dispatch to resolve.
Does Impulse provide any type of monitoring with the Wi-Fi managed service?
- Impulse will monitor the access point during business hours and begin troubleshooting if the device alerts us that it is down.
What do I do if my network is running slow?
- If you feel the Wi-Fi network is running slow, first attempt to compare it to a device connected to the wired network. If it is indeed running slow, contact the Impulse Technical Assistance Center (805-456-5800) to begin troubleshooting.
What do I do if we have bad Wi-Fi coverage around our office?
- If you determine that you need coverage in other areas of the office not uncovered during the site survey, Impulse will provide a contract for an additional site survey. If the site survey uncovers the need for additional access points Impulse will provide the customer with a contract for the required access points and the monthly service for those at $10/month.
How will Impulse manage the Wi-Fi passwords for my network?
- Impulse will provide your Wi-Fi password during the site survey and set up your guest network password if one is requested. If you need to change the password, that can be handled through a request to the Impulse Technical Assistance Center.
What does Impulse mean by a managed device?
- Instead of selling a Wi-Fi access point, Impulse provides the Wi-Fi service at a set monthly cost and maintains ownership of the access point. Since Impulse maintains ownership, if the device ever fails, Impulse is responsible for replacing it.
How many devices are included with my service?
- Impulse will support one access point device at the standard cost of $20/month. Every device thereafter will cost an additional $10/month.
Will I have admin access to the Wi-Fi network?
- Impulse will maintain administrative access to the access points as part of the management service. Any customer change requests will need to go through the Impulse Technical Assistance Center.