Impulse Advanced Communications is enabling businesses to operate more effectively in a digital world. To drive this we need talented people who are energized by change, ready for challenges and want to make a difference. If you meet this description, please check below for opportunities in the following areas:
Network Engineer - IP Routing/Switching
Impulse Advanced Communications has helped IT leaders manage communications technology for 25 years. We are looking to augment our Network Operations team in Goleta with someone who has a good understanding of IP routing and switching and wants a career path into advanced IP/WAN engineering at the enterprise & carrier level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of Impulse managed customer network equipment in accordance with SLA
- Installation, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of Impulse Central Offices, Data Centers, Points of Presence and HQ infrastructure
- Troubleshoot network and voice application issues
- Schedule and administer customer router upgrades
- Facilities maintenance and security
- Assist the implementation team with customer equipment configuration prior to installation
- Serve as an escalation point as required
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least a year of experience configuring and managing Cisco/Juniper/Adtran routers and switches or the equivalent from command line and a basic proficiency in Cisco IOS.
- Functional knowledge of IP routing and switching including VLAN configuration, OSPF, MPLS
- Conceptual understanding of BGP
- Knowledge of LAN technologies (802.1Q, QoS)
- Basic knowledge of VOIP technologies
Please e-mail all responses to email@example.com and include or attach your resume.
You may also fax your resume to (805) 692-2324.