For a list of Local dial-up numbers click here.
The following Instructions are for configuring Impulse Dial-up on Windows XP
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network Connections.
- Click Create a New Connection.
- In the New Connection Wizard, click Next.
- Make sure the Connect to the Internet option is selected and click the Next button
- On the next screen, select the Set up my connection manually option and click the Next button
- Then select the Connect using a dial-up modem option and click the Next button
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter a name for the dial-up connection. Type Impulse.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted for the phone number for the ISP. Enter the appropriate number for your area from this list. Click the Next button.
- Specify whether you want this connection to be available for anyone’s use, meaning for any user on this computer, of for your use only, meaning only for the user who is now logged on.
- On the next screen you will be prompted to enter your username and password. Your username and password will be your full email address (for example, @impulse.net) and email password. After you have entered your information click the Next button.
- The next screen is the last screen of the New Connection wizard. You may check the Add a short-cut to my desktop box if you like. We do recommend this as it is easier to find on the desktop than in the Network Connections folder. Click the finish button to finish and exit the wizard.
Using Your Dial-Up Connections
- Click Start, click Connect To, and click the connection that you want to use.
- In the User Name box, type your user name.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- Coose one of the following options
- To save the user name and password so that you will not have to type them in the future, select the Save this user name and password for the following users check box.
- If you want only the current user to have access to the saved user name and password, select the Me only check box.
- If you want all users to have access to the user name and password, select the Anyone who uses this computer check box.
- Click Dial.
Impulse Local Dial-Up Numbers
Note that Impulse Internet Services will NOT be held responsible for any toll calls that you may incur when dialing our phone numbers. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is dialing a local telephone number. We highly recommend dialing “0” and asking the operator if the number you have chosen is a LOCAL call from your telephone line.
Santa Barbara County:
- Santa Barbara (805) 690-3501
- Santa Maria (805) 361-3501
- Lompoc (805) 875-3501
- Santa Ynez Valley (805) 694-3501
San Luis Obispo County:
- 5-Cities Area (805) 597-4408
- Atascadero (805) 470-4408
- Baywood Park/Los Osos (805) 597-4408
- Cambria (805) 935-4408
- Morro Bay (805) 597-4408
- Paso Robles (805) 591-4408
- San Luis Obispo (805) 597-4408
* Depending on location, Cayucos residents may need to use the Morro Bay access number or the Cambria access number for toll-free access. Most Nipomo residents will use the 5-Cities number, but some will need to use the Santa Maria number. TO DETERMINE WHICH NUMBER IS TOLL FREE FOR YOUR LOCATION, YOU MUST CALL THE OPERATOR (DIAL 0) AND ASK FOR A RATE CHECK. If you do not use the correct number, your telephone company may charge you a local toll for your Internet use.
Ventura County Dial-Up Numbers
- Camarillo (805) 322-0666
- Conejo (805) 244-0666
- El Rio (805) 288-0666
- Moorpark (805) 292-0666
- Newbury Park (805) 273-0666
- Ojai (805) 669-0666
- Oxnard (805) 436-0666
- Piru (805) 855-0666
- Point Mugu (805) 283-0666
- Santa Paula (805) 392-0666
- Simi Valley (805) 823-0666
- Thousand Oaks (805) 435-0666
- Ventura (805) 856-0666
If these steps have not fixed your problem please call the Impulse support center Toll Free at 877.692.2345 or 805.456.5800.