Wireless Broadband Support
Troubleshooting your Impulse Wireless Service
Step 1: Power Cycle the Equipment
- Power Cycling the Wireless Router
- Unplug the wireless router from power for 5 minutes. The power cable is usually a small black cord. Once 5 minutes have passed, plug the power cord back into the router.
Power Cycle the Power Inserter
Step 2: Verify Cables
- Verify Cables at Wireless Router
- Verify that the cable is going from the wireless router’s WAN or Internet port is plugged in and secure. If the port is not labeled, please consult your manufacturer’s instructions. The connection should not be loose. You should be able to take the cable out by pressing the tab on the top of the cable. If this comes out easily, without pressing the tab, replace the cable.
- Verify Cables at Power inserter
Step 3: Still no Connectivity? Bypass the Wireless Router
- Plug a computer directly into the Power Inserter
- If you have a computer with an ethernet port, you can bypass the router by plugging directly into the Power Inserter. You will need to unplug the cable from the Router’s WAN or Internet port and plug that into the ethernet port on your computer. Once plugged in, you should start seeing connectivity and be able to browse the internet.
Step 4: Contact Impulse
- Contact Impulse Support
- You can reach support by phone, at 805-456-5800, by email, at [email protected], or by creating a ticket in the footer below. Please take note of when you first noticed the issue. This will assist our team in the troubleshooting process.