Impulse Customer Support Screen Shots
Thank you for visiting our screen shots section. We have updated our email servers – please use the following screenshots and settings to properly configure your email client. If you’re looking for a new email client, we highly recommend our new webmail interface. Click here to learn more then click here to try it.
These instructions assume you have opened Microsoft Outlook Express before, or, as it is now called in Windows Vista, Windows Mail, and are changing settings in an email account that has already been configured in the program. If you are setting up a new account, follow the steps in the “New Account Wizard”. The information the wizard will require is provided in various fields below.
The following screenshots were taken from Windows Mail 6.0.600 on Windows Vista.
- Click Tools and then select Accounts… from the menu.
- Click Properties or double-click on your Impulse email account from the list of mail accounts.
- Click the Servers tab to bring it to the foreground.
- Enter imap.impulse.net in the text field next to Incoming mail.
- Enter smtp.impulse.net in the text field next to Outgoing mail (SMTP) or smtp.fix.net if you have a fix.net address. If your Internet service is not provided by Impulse Internet Services, your ISP’s outgoing mail server will also work here and, in some cases, may be a better choice.
- Enter your full email address as the E-mail username. Your E-mail username must include @impulse.net (or @fix.net if your address is at fix.net)
- Enter your Impulse email password into the Password field.
- Ensure that the checkbox for Logon using Secure Password Authentication is not checked.
Enabling this feature will prevent you from successfully checking your email.
- Below Outgoing Mail Server, check the box for My server requires authentication and then click on the Settings… button.
- Ensure that the radio button is checked next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click OK and close out of any remaining open windows, your email program should now be configured with the best possible settings for the Impulse mail system.