Impulse Customer Support Screen Shots
Thank you for visiting our screen shots section. We have recently updated our email servers – please use the following screenshots and settings to properly configure your email client. If you’re looking for a new email client, we highly recommend our new webmail interface. Click here to learn more then click here to try it.
These instructions assume you have opened Mozilla Thunderbird before and are changing settings in an email account that has already been configured in the program. If you are setting up a new account, follow the steps in the “Account Creation Wizard.” The information the wizard will require is provided in various fields below.
The following screenshots were taken from Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.
- To begin, click Tools and then select Account Settings…
- In the left-hand column click on Server Settings listed under your email address.
- In the text field next to Server Name enter imap.impulse.net.
- Enter your full email address in the text field next to User Name. In the above example, firstname.lastname@example.org was provided as the username for the account email@example.com.
- Match the Security Settings with what is displayed in the above example, i.e., Never use a secure connection and make sure the checkbox for “Use secure authentication” is not checked.
- Any settings in the Server Settings section of this screen are optional and up to the end user to configure.
- Click on Outgoing Server, which should be in the bottom of the list in the left-hand column.
- Select Edit… or double-click on the default outgoing mail server, which should have “(Default)” displayed next to it.
- The first text field labeled Description is optional and simply that, a description which can have any text in it. Possible descriptions may be “Impulse Outgoing Email Server” or “smtp.impulse.net.”
- Enter smtp.impulse.net as the Server Name. If your Internet service is not provided by Impulse Internet Services, your ISP’s outgoing mail server will also work here and, in some cases, may be a better choice.
- Enter 587 as the Port. If using port 25 works for you there should be mo reason to change the value in this box.
- Under the Security and Authentication section, check the box for the User name and password.
- Enter your full email address as the User Name. Your User Name must include @impulse.net (or @fix.net if your address is at fix.net)
- Under Use secure connection ensure that No is selected.
- Click OK and close out of any remaining open windows, your email program should now be configured with the best possible settings for the Impulse mail system.