New Polycom firmware provides new features with an updated look and feel for VVX phones.
Impulse has just finished testing Polycom firmware 5.8.1 and will be rolling it out to all our customers’ VVX line of phones. This new version provides an updated modern user interface as well as some new features.
- Directory Sync – The directory on all VVX phones now syncs with the ClearStar directory in the cloud. This means you can quickly search for any employee directly from the Polycom phone and click to dial.
- GuestIn Soft-key – For users that share phones between multiple employees you can now quickly tap the GuestIn key to enter your ID and password to log into the phone.
- Transfer to Voicemail – Calls can be transferred directly into a user’s voicemail box with an easy-to-use “ToVMail” softkey.
- Call Recording Integration – If you subscribe to Impulse’s call recording service you can now simply start and stop recording from the Polycom’s screen.
- Advanced Park Notification – Parking and retrieving a call is now much more intuitive with onscreen indications.
- Executive Assistant – Assistants can now easily screen calls for executives with easy on-screen controls to turn the feature on and off.
- Flexible Seating – Users with the executive feature set can now log into spare phones and make them their own for a specific amount of time.
New Firmware Look