When Impulse started back in 1995 we began offering web site hosting services in addition to our Internet access service, because there were not many alternatives at the time. In recent years it has become clear to us that we and our customers would be better served by having a company that is focused on that product set take over that business.
We have decided to move our web hosting business over to our long-time client and partner New Directions in Computing (NDIC) founded and run by our friend Masen Yaffee. We had been searching for a partner that would provide the right balance of personalized support, a quality and continuously upgraded platform, and cost, and we have determined that NDIC is best equipped to provide that for our web hosting customers.
These are some of the highlighted benefits of moving to NDIC:
- High availability
- Single server and multi-server redundant configurations
- 99.999% uptime availability
- Dedicated virtual server in a private cloud complete with the option to maintain a backup VM at a geo redundant co-location facility for high availability
- Easy Upgrade path
- Virtual machines with varying amounts of CPU, RAM and disk space, upgradeable at a moment’s notice
- All web hosting solutions can be provided on either Linux or Windows platforms and fully managed
- DDOS protection
- CDN: Content Delivery Network – make your site faster by distributing your content around the world so it is closer to your visitors
- Web firewall
- SSL by default
- Daily onsite and offsite backups
- 24/7 monitoring and automatic response to any outages
We want to thank you very much for your business and look forward to continuing our relationship with many of you with our narrowed focus on fiber Internet access, cloud-based phones and meeting services, and network and server management.
Answers to frequently asked questions are available here.
To reach NDIC for questions or support their local contact information is listed at this link: https://www.ndic.com/contact/