Impulse Customer Support Screen Shots
Thank you for visiting our screen shots section. We have recently updated our email servers – please use the following screenshots and settings to properly configure your email client. If you’re looking for a new email client, we highly recommend our new webmail interface. Click here to learn more then click here to try it.
These instructions assume you have opened Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 before and are changing settings in an email account that has already been configured in the program. If you are setting up a new account, follow the steps in the account creation wizard which should run automatically upon running the program for the very first time. The information the wizard will require is provided in various fields below.
The following screenshots were taken from Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista.
- Click Tools and then select Account Settings…from the menu.
- Click the Change…button or double-click on your Impulse email account from the list of mail accounts.
- Enter imap.impulse.net in the text field next to Incoming mail server.
- Enter smtp.impulse.net in the text field next to Outgoing mail server (SMTP) or smtp.fix.net if you have a fix.net address. If your Internet service is not provided by Impulse Internet Services, your ISP’s outgoing mail server will also work here and, in some cases, may be a better choice.
- Enter your full email address as the Username. Your Username must include @impulse.net (or @fix.net if your address is at fix.net)
- Enter your Impulse email password into the Password field.
- Ensure that the checkbox for Require logon using Secure Password Authentication is not checked.
Enabling this feature will prevent you from successfully checking your email.
- Click the button for More Settings… in the lower right corner of the window.
- Click on the tab for Outgoing Server to bring it to the foreground.
- Check the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and leave the radio button on the Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click OK and close out of any remaining open windows, your email program should now be configured with the best possible settings for the Impulse mail system.