About ClearStar MobileLink
MobileLink is a ClearStar feature that allows you to make calls on your mobile phone that appear to originate in the office. You’ll use the voice network/cell minutes on your mobile and only data during login and call initiation. Please keep in mind that MobileLink requires a ClearStar Executive Account. For a full suite of Mobile Features, check out this page.
Video Demonstration: You Will Love MobileLink
Video Tutorial: Logging in and Making a Call with MobileLink
Get the App
Download the app for iPhone, Android or Blackberry. You can browse these links or search the appropriate app store directly.
Apple iTunes: Search for “ClearStar MobileLink” or click the link below: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilelink-for-clearstar/id1003096461?mt=8
Google Play: Search for “ClearStar MobileLink” or click the link below: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.impulse.mobilelink.android&hl=en
BlackBerry World: Search for BroadSoft from the app store. The full name is “BroadTouch MobileLink by BroadSoft” http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/98586/
Once installed, run the app. Your login settings are:
- User Name: your web portal ID (Example imp8085551234)
- Password: web portal password
- Mobile #: mobile number
Tap Login * NOTE: The system will use a data connection to login and initiate the call, but the actual audio will use your cellular voice network.
Initial Setup Instructions
- Tap on “Call Settings” or “Settings” to the right.
- Near the bottom, tap “BroadWorks Mobility” or “Call Control” >>”BroadWorks Mobility”
- Tap to enable “Active” or “On”
- Under “Phones To Ring” set a ring option.
- Use Fixed for your desk phone only
- Use Mobile for your mobile only
- Use Bothto ring both for all incoming calls
- Double check “Mobility” is “Active” or “On”
- Enable “Require Confirmation”
- Enable “Call Control”
- Tap Left arrow to return to “Mobility” Tab. Be sure to tap “Save” (iOS Only).
- Activate “Call Through”
- iOs: Now make sure under “Call Settings”>>”Calling Options”>>”Dialing Service” is set to “Call Through”.
- Android: “Settings”>>”Outgoing Calls”>>”Outgoing Call Options”>>”Use Call Through Service”
- iOS: Tap “Done” at the top right when these settings are correct.
- Android: Settings are saved as you go along. You’re all done.
**NOTE: If you can’t turn on BroadWorks Mobility, call Support at 611 or 800-456-5800 for help. **Technical NOTE: Make sure these features are turned off: Anywhere, Simultaneous Ring, and Remote Office.
Making Outgoing Calls
You can make calls from the dialer by tapping “Phone” or “Call” on the far left and dialing a number or an extension.
When you receive a call, answer it on the mobile as usual and then quickly tap to open the dial pad and tap any number to accept the call. The “Require Confirmation” setting is recommended even though it requires an extra step to answer the call. It lets you know the call is work related and also ensures if not answered the caller goes to your ClearStar voicemail box.
Moving Calls between Devices
You can “move” an active call between the desk phone and mobile phone by using the *11 feature code. To move a call that originated from a mobile phone to a desk phone, dial *11 on your Polycom phone to move the call to the desk phone. To move a call from a Polycom desk phone, open the MobileLink app and tap the “Calls” or “Phone” tab. Press and hold the Start Key (*) for 2 seconds and continue the call on the mobile phone.
View History Searchable Directory (local to the smart phone and company directory)